Monday, August 03, 2009

Walking After You

One of the reasons why I dropped Microbiology minor is because of the intensity of the lab session. Several experiments running within the short 3 hours. Tutes would be held in every incubation time. Lab test given every alternate week... Not forgetting reports. I never like lab classes held by that department. Besides the strict rules, the overall in-charge is a scary man too. He once criticized me in front of everyone and even locked me out of the class. I've been behaving ever since...

This semester, the first 3 sessions of my Molecular Biology's lab were held by the Microbiology department. I've this really fantastic demonstrator, however, for the past 2 weeks, the sessions were really unforgiving.

But not today.

We had 2 hours of incubation time altogether and since we finished our tute early, we were given "free time" today! The kind of privilege I was hoping for since Day 1.
I was about to tell them which character I would dress up for Cosplay when a pigeon smashed straight into the window beside me. Just hours before that, I witnessed how a duck took flight and crashed into a bunch of girls. Too much redbull today, flying creatures?

Sometimes, I really enjoy my labs and the jokes they bring.

In the morning, I had my Genetics lab and I was trying to transfer some fruit flies from one vial to another... The technique is to suck them out using a tube and blow them into the next vial.

Did I mention about my groupmates? They are super loud. Vocally loud.

Benn was getting excited with the number of flies I managed to pick up while Naz was in the midst of sorting out a suitable time for us to meet up.

Ben: Suck it hard, Renee!!!!
Me, picking up fly no. 8 when Naz grabbed my hand...
Naz: When are you doing your oral, Renee?

It was awkward having the whole class looking over and laughing, which includes the lecturer who later blamed me for killing those flies. I laughed too hard and those flies died of CO2 suffocation (I was laughing into the tube) hmm... Hey! But I still reckon it wasn't my fault...

So, do you want to know which character I want to dress up as?



Yes, Lucy/Nyu from Elfen Lied.
I thought that was the simplest character to be!

Go listen to these!
Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone
Zee Avi - Bitter Heart
The Script - Break Even
Priscilla Ahn - Wallflower
Sliimy - Wake Up
Gary Jules - Mad World
Foo Fighters - Walking After You

Support a living planet - Join WWF
Information at this site:
- is not professional, scientific, medical, technical or expert advice
- is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, honesty and factuality
- should never be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something
- is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake responsibility for accessing the relevance and accuracies of its content

Links and frames connecting this site with other sites are for convenience only and do not mean that the author endorses or approves those other sites, their content or the people who run them.

Comments on this website are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writer will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel or litigation that results from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment.