Seafood
You know, when I was in sec3/4, I had this fish thing going on. I was (and still am!) in love with tetras. The colorful tiny ones that give out the neon glow under the light. I brought my mum to the fish shop and tried to convince her but she said they stank so badly. I told my sis and she said it was too troublesome to keep them and totally not ideal as pets. Hamster is nice, that was what she suggested. What’s with hamster? My dad tried to convince my younger sister to get a hamster instead of a dog. Seriously, how can anyone replace a fish with a hamster? Let alone a dog!
Anyhow, so no fish for me until I went over to Melb and stayed alone. I kept 2 fighting fishes that eventually died due to my negligence. Someone told me that fighting fishes are strong and they are able to survive in harsh condition. Harsh condition huh? So I did not change the water for 2 weeks and one of them turned blind and refused to eat. They were flushed into the toilet bowl, by the way.
I know nuts about fish, how about that? I’m better off with a dog.
But my dear boyfriend is different. He once kept over 20 fighting fishes. Or was it 60 over? It was a big number anyways (Alright, he just said it was ~60). So we had an aquariuuuum. It wasn’t really a “we” thing.. it was solely his idea. I was coerced to agree that I am part of it. The good thing about this we-aquarium is that I do not have to take care of it. All I did was to choose the aquatic plants and fishes. Easy task. I had all my favorites in the tank.
The fish craze even brought us to the Under Water World. So what if I got my puffer-fish confused with some other look-alike? I still love them all the same. And they make me hungry too. We're looking at delicacies!











