SYDYEA.... MELBOO

Where should I start?
My 6 days 5 nights trip in Sydney was simply sensational. It made Melbourne such a boring place to be!.. You can have your usual metropolitan lifestyle or unwind yourself in one of those magnificent mountains. The day bustle with all sorts of activities and the night is ever young with the fanciest bar and club. How can anyone be bored in this kind of place.. seriously! Who knows, I might transform into some party animal that treats alcohol like water if I stay there any longer.
Lodging
Both me and Izzah settled for backpackers' hostel. I thought it was fun! We shared a room with 6 others. Fortunately, only 4 of us were occupying the room.
The 2 German girls were great.. I had larger-than-life thoughts after talking to one of them. Bet (100%) my dad will scream at me if I suggest to take a year off and travel around the world like them.. This reminds me of David. David is this damn cute guy from Mexico that I didn't get a chance to talk to. Well, I did actually!.. If you consider "where are you heading?". His smile could easily made the grey clouds above me disappear. Seriously, I might stand a chance IF only Woiloon did the right thing by getting his contact (he left for Melb at the same time with wl). I don't care if he looks dirty to you.. =D I am going Mexico!
Transport
Transportation there is crazy. On land and sea. The trains were uber cool cos they come in double deck. They were comfortable, pretty clean... and the best part, the back rest is flippable. Which makes the seat capable of facing either front or back of the train. If only Melbourne's trains are like this, I wouldn't be suffering from occasional motion sickness.
The ferry rides were awesome! We travelled down to Paramatta and I was just totally in awe of the beautiful houses along the river. I wish I own one of them.. Kenneth, you heard me.
And they have Monorail! It was pretty cool, Orchard should probably learn from them.
Attractions
MAJOR! We have the classic Sydney's Opera House that looks.. well, better on TV! haaha! But it looks really nice at night, with all the lighting. Very romantic.
Moving on, for the seafood lovers like us, we have the Fish Market that is located about 15 minutes away from the city. I have never eaten oysters that tasted so tender.. The whole flesh just came out CLEAN.
We went up to Blue Mountain and greeted the 3 sisters before having a feast in one of the Korean BBQ restaurant.
Luna Park was alright. I don't know why people said it's better than the one in Melbourne. Not a must go place but, yeaa... try the Ferris wheel if you're there.
Chinatown was twice or even thrice of Melbourne's. I love it there! The market runs til afternoon and they even have halal Chinese food! Reminds me so much of Singapore.. oh yes! They have Yoshinoya and Pepper Lunch.. Food court and UOB. I was screaming when I saw them..
And on the last day, we revisited Bondi Beach. The beach is just.. exhilarating! The sky and the sea are just made up of different shades of blue. The sand is white and soft.. together with the gentle sea breeze.. Bondi is indeed, a true beauty!
Then later that night, me and my girlfriend went to a romantic dinner at the observatory tower. Awesome! There are more vids in my youtube account... looking back, I felt like Jessica Simpson.











--------
It was like.. some kind of emotional turbulance after I came back.
Feeling so shag and all, I went up to face the clothes rack infront of my room. I almost fling the whole tray down the stairs.. Thankfully, I learnt how to suppress my anger.
While people were trying to irritate me, I got a call from my fam and was asked to speak to my Grandma as she was "unwell to talk, but is able to hear".
Tried my luck, called Dad and asked if I can go back and visit her since it was still the holidays. And Dad said "Come back for what, it won't make her get better what.. stay there and study, do more good this way" before describing the situation... Seriously, I didn't know my Grandma was in such a critical condition. It was then that I understood why they were all crying.
So, after my last words with my Grandma, she passed away that night...
About 2 weeks ago, she was still fine and the next thing I know, her aorta was leaking, feet became black and hands were swollen from water retention.. She had gallstone and low blood pressure. Isnt it funny that, bringing her to the doctors actually made her health deteriorated until this stage... seriously?!
It is weird not having her around... Just so weird. I used to get curry puffs and egg tarts for her and scream "por por" when the door opens. Not anymore.
However, the funeral.. I would say, had brought them closer. Thanks to 3G.. I managed to video call home. It was madness, everyone was waving to me through the phone, a little stupid. But it was so fun that I brought it to Izzah and spent an hour or so talking and looking around. =D And my bill came up to 200 plus. Thanks.
Although I missed out a lot and felt like crap as I couldn't be there, the adults managed to convince me the importance of my stay here.. that is to concentrate on my studies.
Yes, I am studying. Exams are arriving in 4 weeks. I am well aware. And then I'll be HOME.
But but but before that, we enjoyed the last night of our holidays at NOBU for Izzah's birthday. I tell you, the cod is a must have dish. Goooood fooooood makes Renee huppie..! =D









